Top-Rated Online Craps Sites
Online Craps is an incredibly exciting casino game that is a popular favorite amongst gamblers. The game involves rolling a pair of dice and betting on the outcome of the roll. While this is a thrilling casino game, it is often overlooked by newer players. There are plenty of different betting options, which can seem overwhelming for new players.
But here at JokaRoom, we’re ready to assist new players with our Crap guide. We’ll walk our readers through the basics of how to play, what bets to make and some important terms. With our guide on your side, you’ll be playing Craps like a pro in no time.
Best Online Craps Casinos
How to Play Craps
When confronted with playing Online Craps, new players can be intimidated and confused by what they see. There are so many options on the table; it can be overwhelming. The good news is that the table isn’t actually as confusing as it looks. The table is actually mirrored, with the left and right sides being identical.
Once you get your head around the table layout, the next thing to understand is the two main phases of the game. These are the Come Out Phase and the Point Phase. Below is a more detailed breakdown of each of the phases and what they mean for the player.
Come Out Phase
The game begins with the Come Out Phase. Players need to make a Pass Line or Don’t Pass Line Bet. A Pass Line Bet means you win if a 7 or 11 is rolled. Don’t Pass Line Bets are wagering that a 2, 3, or 12 are rolled.
However, if none of the above numbers are rolled, then the game moves on to the second phase. But, if those numbers are rolled, the winners get paid out, and the Come Out Phase starts again.
Should the shooter roll something other than a 2, 3, 7, 11, or 12, the game moves to the Point Phase. During this part of the game, the shooter needs to roll the point number, the number that was rolled in the first phase, before a 7 is rolled. If they manage to do that, Pass Line Bets will win.
However, if I 7 is rolled before the point number, Don’t Pass Line bets will win. This is the basics of how to play Craps. There are numerous other different betting options, but this is the most important basics of the game.
Strategy For Online Craps
Many players who enjoy playing Craps online are on the lookout for a winning strategy to help them. The bad news is that Craps is entirely dependent on the roll of a dice, and as such, relies on luck. All a player can do is make their bets, roll the dice, and hope for the best.
While there might not be any way to improve your chance of winning, we do have some tips and tricks you can use to hopefully make your gameplay more enjoyable.
- Set a budget: One of the most important things to do when playing Online Craps, or any online gambling for that matter, is to set a budget. Decide how much money you are going to wager. Stick to that, if you lose it all, move on. Do not chase your losses.
- Set a Time Budget As Well: Not only should you budget your money, but your time as well. Players need to decide how long they are going to play, and when your time is up, stop playing.
- Keep a Clear Mind: Any time you are gambling, you need to keep your mind sharp. Stay away from alcohol, or any other substances, when gambling. You need to make smart betting choices.
- Decide how much you want to Win: This might sound strange, to limit yourself to how much winning you do. But winning streaks all come to an end at some point. The last thing you want is to be on an amazing winning streak, and then have your luck turn sour and lose it all, when you could have walked away.
- Don’t be afraid to try new bets: Once you have mastered the basics, we encourage players to try out different bets. Just make sure you are aware of the odds before placing them, so you can still make smart choices.
Why Play Craps Online
So, why should you play craps at an online casino, rather than visiting your nearest land-based one? Well, there are a few good reasons why players should consider the online version. We’ve listed some of them below
- The Convenience – The biggest reason for playing online is the convenience. There is no need to get dressed up, and leave your house to enjoy your favorite casino games.
- Relaxed Pace – One of the best things for new players is there is a much slower pace at online casinos. Players can take their time with their decisions and won’t feel rushed by other players.
- Game Variety – Online Casinos also tend to have a larger variety of games than land-based casinos, as there are no limitations on space.
Live Dealer Craps
As with most online games, Online Craps uses a random number generator to determine the results of each roll. Some players do not like this though, and would prefer to use real equipment. This is where live dealer craps comes in.
The game uses a real dealer and real dice. A video of the game is then live-streamed over the Internet to players, who can place their bets as they would in any other game. We highly recommend trying out live Craps, when the player is ready. It also has a slower pace than online Craps, which more accurately emulates Craps in a real casino.
Modern technology has allowed players to enjoy their favorite casino games from the comfort of their own home. However, not everyone wants to sit in front of their computer.
This is where mobile games come into play. Most casino sites allow gamblers to play their favorite games from their smartphones or tablets, including Craps. The game will be optimized to work well on smaller screens with touch controls.
Play Craps Online for Free
It’s also important to remember that most casino sites allow players to try out Craps for free. Because Craps can be such an overwhelming game for new players, we highly recommend trying the game out for free, before risking any real money wagers. Free play allows players to learnt the basics of the game, before placing any real bets.
It can also be a useful tool for experienced players. Players can try out new strategies, and betting systems, without losing any money.
Online Craps FAQs
Yes, you absolutely can! Online Craps is one of the most common games found at casino sites. No matter which casino you sign up at, you should be able to find at least one version of Craps available.
Any trusted online casino site will have at least one version of Craps available to its players. Check our list of recommended sites listed at the top of the page and choose whichever appeals to you.
The thing to remember with Craps is that the results depend on the results from the dice roll. There is no way a player can affect the results. As such, the game depends entirely on luck, and no strategy can increase your chances of winning. The best strategy is to know the odds of each type of bet and place the ones you think give you the best chance.
No, unfortunately not. As we said, winning or losing depends on the random results of the dice roll.
As long as you play Craps at a trusted casino site, like the ones we recommend, then the game will not be rigged. However, there are less reputable sites out there that may not be so kind to their players. We always recommend checking independent reviews of online casinos before wagering any money.
You sure can. As long as it is a trusted site, the game will be fair, and the casino will payout. However, you will need luck on your side, as there is no skill in winning money when playing Craps.