Best Western Australia Online Casinos (2021)
Western Australia online casinos have grown exceedingly popular in the last few years. The state has seen a huge economic boom, but unfortunately, there aren’t all that many casinos in the area outside of Crown Perth.
Luckily, there are tons of WA online casinos to choose from. It doesn’t matter whether you are in Bunbury or Geraldton; you can play it all, including pokies, roulette, blackjack, baccarat, craps, and more. So, scroll down and find a list of the best online casinos in Western Australia.
Online Casinos in WA
Western Australia Gambling Laws
Gambling in Western Australia is governed by the state’s Department of Racing, Gaming, and Liquor (RGL). The department ensures that all gambling safety regulations are adhered to, and games provide players a fair chance of winning.
The state has got some of the strictest gambling laws in the country. This has resulted in Western Australia being the state with the lowest number of gambling infractions.
Online Gambling Laws in Western Australia
Online gambling in Western Australia is governed by the Interactive Gambling Act 2001, which is a federal law. The law makes it illegal for any organisation in Australia to offer online casino gaming services.
However, you can still play online. Tons of offshore online casinos still offer gambling services to Western Australian players. As these casinos are not regulated by Australian authorities, you need to be careful of which sign you choose to join. As such, we recommend you stick with the casinos we have recommended on this page.
Land-Based Casinos in Western Australia
Here is a list of the top brick-and-mortar casinos in Western Australia:
|Crown Perth||Pokies and table games||Great Eastern Hwy, Burswood WA 6100|
If Crown doesn’t strike your fancy, there are tons of racetracks you can visit that all you to bet on horse and greyhound races. The most popular of these are Belmont Park Racecourse and Ascot Racecourse.
How to Pick an Online Casino in Western Australia
You need to ensure you are safe when you gamble online. So, here is a checklist of areas you should consider when you pick an online casino:
Safety and Security
There are three areas you need to focus on when determining if a casino is safe to use:
- Licenses – if an online casino is not licensed, do not join it. Unlicensed casinos are not held to any industry standards. There are also no authorities you can report them to if they start treating you unfairly.
- Game Testing – the only way you will know if games at a casino are fair is if they’ve been tested by an independent party. So, ensure you only join casinos that have valid testing certificates from trusted testing agencies, such as eCOGRA or the TST.
- SSL Encryption – only ever share your personal or financial information on sites that are encrypted with SSL encryption which is the industry standard used by financial institutions. You can check if a casino uses such by checking whether a lock appears next to its URL in a search bar.
You want to ensure the casino you join has a good selection of games to choose from. You can do so by looking at which software providers power a casino. Many providers offer a wide range of games, but there is no denying that some are better than others. You want to find a casino with a whole lot more on offer than a handful of online pokies.
It is always a good sign when an online casino is powered by a well-known software provider. Developers such as Betsoft, Realtime Gaming, iSoftBet, Quickspin, and Nucleus Gaming would never get involved with a rogue casino site. The reason is that it would harm their reputation too.
Bonuses and Promotions
Bonuses and promotions can add tons of time to your gameplay with very little investment from you. Thus, it is important to check if the casino you would like to join offers a good range of bonuses with fair terms and conditions.
Remember that some casinos will try to confuse you with big numbers, but their offers are bad deals. An example of a bad deal is a match on a few dollars that requires you to wager thousands before you can withdraw.
You need to deposit to play for real money, and you will want to withdraw if you win. So, banking is a very important part of the online casino gaming experience.
To ensure the smoothest gaming experience, you should check if the casino has a suitable deposit and withdrawal option for you. Note that casinos often don’t offer the same deposit and withdrawal options, so you will need to check both.
Popular banking options at gambling sites include:
- Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin)
- E-wallets (PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, and ecoPayz)
- Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express)
- Bank Transfer
Check out our other state gambling guides:
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
Western Australian Facts
If you are going to visit Western Australia, here are a few facts you need to know:
- The nickname for Western Australia is the Golden State. This is due to the huge gold reserve the state is home to.
- Western Australia is the largest state in Australia, covering about a third of the countries landmass.
- Most of the state is made up of the Outback. Some of these areas are uninhabitable due to a variety of reasons, including the climate.
- The capital city of Western Australia is Perth. It is home to 2.7 million people.
- Western Australia is home to some of the most famous actors to come out of Australia, including Heath Ledger, Isla Fisher, and Sam Worthington.
Gambling in Western Australia – FAQs
Yes, you can gamble online in Western Australia. The Interactive Gambling Act of 2001 does not prevent you from gambling online. It prevents Australian gambling organisations from offering online casino gaming services.
You can still play casino games online; however, you must play at offshore casino sites. If you find the right casino, you can even play in your currency.
The best online casinos in Western Australia are:
1. Jackpot Jill
2. Wild Card City
3. King Johnnie
4. Lucky Luke
5. Kings Chance
There are three brick-and-mortar casinos in Western Australia. The most famous of these is Crown Casino Perth, which was at one stage the largest casino in the southern hemisphere.
The legal gambling age in Western Australia is 18. You will find that this is the same age as stated in all other Australian states. The reason for this is that the gambling age is governed by federal law.
Yes, online gambling is safe. You will not get in trouble with the law for gambling online. However, you need to ensure you sign up at safe online casinos. One of the best ways to do this is to stick to our recommended list of casino sites.
There are 1 750 online pokie machines at Crown Casino Perth. According to the 1974 Royal Commission into Gambling, poker machines are allegedly banned in all other areas of the state. As such. Western Australia is considered the most restrictive state with regard to gambling laws.